We are traveling the first week of January and, although there is sports programming in progress, there are many appointments ahead in these almost 12 months of sports agenda.
For a matter of massiveness and popularity, surely the greatest attention is focused on what will be the World Cup in Qatar, scheduled between November and December. But for those who do not follow football so much, rest assured: the agenda will be as wide as it is varied, that the competitive frenzy will encompass all disciplines.
Like the whole agenda, there are always things to add. What is being proposed here is a macro idea, and it is not for this reason that it seeks to detract from sports as a whole. In addition, not all the dates of the championships are detailed, but their beginnings and ends. There are even disciplines that have not even made their calendars yet.
An important point to take into account is that, along with the new waves of covid-19, schedules can change, or be suspended. Living with this situation is, today, an important part of interpreting the agenda.
A universe of sports opens before our eyes. Following it closely, and enjoying it, is something that unites us all.
– Dakar Rally in Saudi Arabia, ongoing. It will run until Friday the 14th.
– The ATP Cup is underway in Australia and Argentina aspires to reach the decisive instances. The final will take place on Sunday 9.
– Today the National Basketball League resumes.
– The Argentina Volleyball League 2021/2022 returns tomorrow. That day, Monteros Voley visits Once Unidos de Mar del Plata.
– There will be a National Volleyball League, with Tucumán de Gimnasia, from Saturday 8.
– Between 8 and 9, the Federal Amateur dispute with Bella Vista and Unión del Norte resumes.
– On the 11th there will be a draw for the Professional League Cup, which will be played by Atlético.
– A summer soccer tournament begins on Friday 14 in La Plata, with Boca, Independiente, San Lorenzo, Talleres, Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile.
– From 14 to 16, Tucumán de Gimnasia will host the first of the five weekends of the Argentine Women’s League.
– On the 16th the Korn Ferry Tour of golf in the Bahamas resumes, with the presence of Tucumán.
– The Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year in tennis, begins on Monday the 17th and ends on Sunday the 30th.
– The World Rally Championship begins in Monte Carlo on Thursday 20.
– From 25 to 29 the Qualifying School for the Argentine Tour of Golf Professionals will be held in Praderas de Luján.
– Argentina plays for the Qualifiers: on Thursday 27th visit to Chile, in Calama.
– From Thursday 27 (to Thursday 3 February), Monteros Voley will be the local in Villa Luján, in the second tour of the National Volleyball League.
– Seven de Tafí (on Saturday 29, at the La Angostura polo field)
– On Monday 31st, the women’s tournament of the International Tennis Federation circuit will begin in Lawn Tennis.
– Argentina plays for the Qualifiers: on Tuesday the 1st they host Colombia, in Buenos Aires.
– The start of the Professional League Cup (with Atlético) was scheduled for day 4. It will be played until May 8.
– On Friday the 4th the Winter Olympics begin in Beijing (China); terminal on Sunday 20.
– On Saturday 5 will be played date 1 of the Six Nations Rugby.
– In the first days of this month the regional phase of the Argentine Cup will begin to be played.
– On Monday 7th, another women’s tournament on the International Tennis Federation circuit will begin in Las Lomitas (Yerba Buena).
– The ATP 250 tennis of Buenos Aires will be played from Monday 7 to Sunday 13.
– On Sunday 13 will be the date 1 of the Road Tourism, in headquarters to be confirmed.
– The Champions League resumes on Tuesday 15, with the round of 16.
– Possibly the First National contest begins (with San Martín) the first weekend.
– First race of the Argentino de rally (from 18 to 20), at the venue to be confirmed.
– On Sunday 27 the F-1 of the National Tourism contest will be run in Bahía Blanca.
– The NBA All-Star Game will be played on Tuesday 8.
– From Thursday 10th the Indian Wells Tennis Masters 1,000 will be played.
– The Players Championship, one of the biggest golf tournaments in the US, is played 10-13.
– The F-1 contest begins in Bahrain (on the 20th).
– The regional rugby Ascent tournament is scheduled to start on the 26th.
– Argentina plays for the Qualifiers: on the 24th (receives Venezuela in Venezuela) and 29 (visit to Ecuador, in Quito).
– MotoGP returns to Las Termas: from April 1 to 3.
– From 7 to 10 another golf major is played: Augusta.
– The Giro d’Italia, a cycling classic, will take place from Friday 6th to Sunday 29th.
– The Swimming World Cup will take place from 13 to 29 in Fukuoka, Japan.
– On Saturday 28 the final of the Champions League will be played at the Krestovski Stadium in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
– The Roland Garros Open begins on Sunday 29 in Paris.
– Beginning of the Professional Soccer League. It will be played until the end of October.
– From 16 to 19 the US Open of golf will be played in La Jolla.
– The traditional Wimbledon tournament, the third Grand Slam of the year in tennis, begins on Monday 27.
– From the first day of the month, until Sunday 24, the legendary Cycling Tour de France will take place.
– The Women’s Field Hockey World Cup will be held in Tarrasa (Spain) and Amsterdam (Netherlands) between the 1st and the 17th.
– Los Pumas play with Scotland in a test match: on the 2nd in Jujuy, on the 9th in Salta and on the 16th in Santiago del Estero.
– From 14 to 17 the traditional British Open of golf will be played, in Merceyside.
– Los Pumas play with Australia for the Rugby Championship: on the 6th in San Juan, on the 13th in Mendoza.
– In principle, the semi-finals of the Annual Regional rugby would be played on the 9. A week later, the final.
– Trasmontaña mountain bike rally: the 28th edition still has no date.
– From the 19th the renowned Cycling Tour of Spain will take place.
– With the Argentine team present, the men’s volleyball World Cup begins in Russia on Friday 26.
– The Indoor A rugby tournament will start on the 27th. The B, a week before.
– The US Open of tennis, the last Grand Slam of the year, has a start date for Monday 29.
– The Rugby Seven World Cup will be played from Friday 7 to Sunday 11 in Cape Town (South Africa)
– Los Pumas play with South Africa for the Rugby Championship: on the 17th, in Buenos Aires.
– The LXXXIX Road Cycling World Cup will be held in Wollongong (Australia) between 18 and 25.
– The women’s volleyball World Cup will begin on Friday 23, with Argentina present, in the Netherlands and Poland.
– The XIX Women’s Basketball World Cup will be held in Australia from Thursday 22.
– On Friday 23rd, the Women’s Rugby World Cup will begin in New Zealand.
– Gran Premio Batalla de Tucumán de turf: this year it would return to the traditional date of the 24th, which falls on Saturday.
– Transmountain Enduro Rally: Issue No. 31 still has no date.
– On the 12th, the CXIX World Track Cycling Championship begins, it will be held in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (France).
– At the end of the month the First National tournament ends.
– The National Rugby Clubs will have their semifinals on the 29th. A week later, the final.
– The F-1 contest ends in Abu Dhabi (on the 20th)
– The Qatar World Cup begins: it will be on Monday 21.
– Rugby Republic Sevens: on days 3 and 4.
– The Argentino de rally ends (from 9 to 11, at the venue to be confirmed)
– The final of the World Cup is played in Qatar: it will be on Sunday 18.
We would like to thank the writer of this write-up for this awesome content
A guide to know the sports agenda for 2022